These are the meals that I make for my family. I try to make well rounded dinners that all can eat. I'm a meat and potato girl by heart, so most of my foods resemble comfort foods. Cuz even if you're trying to lose weight you still need comfort food!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Broccoli bacon quinoa

I made this for dinner tonight because I don't have a whole lot of stuff in my cupboards!  It turned out really well for something I made up!



Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Servings: 4
Points plus value: 8

1 cup uncooked Quinoa
1 1/4 cups low sodium, fat free chicken broth (or as per quinoa package directions)
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 finely chopped red onion
4 cloves finely chopped garlic
1 bunch of broccoli, chopped into bite size pieces or smaller
1/2 cup real bacon bits
3/4 cup skim milk ricotta cheese
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper


Cook quinoa as per package directions but substitute chicken broth for water.  Set aside.
Sautée red onions and garlic in oil.  Add in bacon once onions are slightly carmelized.  After a couple of minutes add broccoli.  Sautée until cooked but still firm.  Stir in ricotta, skim milk, and spices.   Stir in cooked quinoa.  Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment