These are the meals that I make for my family. I try to make well rounded dinners that all can eat. I'm a meat and potato girl by heart, so most of my foods resemble comfort foods. Cuz even if you're trying to lose weight you still need comfort food!

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Chicken and beef meatballs

I hadn't even finished dinner before I got bombarded for the recipe tonight!  These are pretty good.  Tonight we had them in meatball subs, tomorrow I'm throwing the rest in the crockpot to make soup :)


Prep time: ~20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Serving: ~50 meat balls
Points Plus: 1 point per meatball

1 pound uncooked extra lean ground chicken breast   

1 pound lean ground beef   

2 egg whites
2 cups italian bread crumbs  
2 tbsp chicken bovril  (condensed chicken broth)
1 tsp table salt  
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper   
1 tsp Italian seasoning   
1 tsp dried parsley   

4 tbsp light parmesan cheese
2 tsp olive oil

Mix ground chicken and beef with bread crumbs, spices, 1 tbsp bovril and parmesan.
Roll them into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.  I used a tbsp measuring spoon to portion them out.  Makes about 50.  Then heat up 2 cups of water, 1 tbsp bovril and 2 tsp oil  on medium heat until a low boil, and place the meatballs in, cook one side then flip them after about 5 mins (once the sides start to look brown) to cook the other.  Cut into one to make sure they're cooked through.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment